Specialty products for data management and energy challenges of tomorrow, serving lithium-ion batteries performance, semiconductor manufacturing process, lubricant for critical application and optical fibers assembly.
DAIKIN is fully committed to the development of solutions for the future generations. Data management and digital challenges of tomorrow have been at the heart of DAIKIN experts' research for many years now, working on energy storage, devices' efficiency, or data flow. Because they are in constant relation with components producers of any kind and end users, DAIKIN engineers are eager to answer the most challenging product needs or improve the painful aspects of manufacturing processes. Consequently, DAIKIN’s specialty products were designed to serve the production of the following:
- Lithium primary battery and lithum-ion battery
- Optoelectronic and optical fibers
Solutions for Lithium-Ion Battery
Energy storage specialists agree on the pressing need to produce battery systems that are more efficient, more consistent, and durable. In this context, DAIKIN has developed to market innovative solutions to improve life cycle, safe, and high efficiency of Lithium primary battery and lithum-ion battery:
- Electrolytes additives: Fluoro-based additives and solvents increasing lithium-ion battery energy densities, power, voltage range, cycle life, and safety
- Electrode binder resin: PVDF and VDF copolymers providing superior flexibility, allowing for high electrode densities and also higher power densities than standard PVDF binder resin
- CFx: Used as a high-energy density cathode material for primary batteries, ensuring batch-to-batch production consistency
Solutions for Semiconductors production
Beyond fluoro-based materials used to produce semiconductor components, DAIKIN has developed extensive expertise on the overall semiconductor production process. To meet the high chemical resistance and purity required during etching, chemical mechanical polishing, or fluid handling, DAIKIN proposes to Semicon producers:
- DUPRA is an extra clean sealing material made of Perfluoroelastomer for semiconductor manufacturing equipment. It has a superior high seal and
heat resistance capabilities needed to meet the demands of long-term use.
TOHO KASEI CO., LTD. of DAIKIN group company manufactures DUPRA.
Please click here to view more information of DUPRA in the website of TOHO KASEI CO., LTD.
DEMNUM fluorinated oil is non conbustible and superior in heat and chemical resistance.
DEMNUM is a perfluoropolyether oil （patent application pending in 12 countries ）, the first in the world with a liner-chain construction, which was developed by DAIKIN exclusive technology. It features extremely high thermal and chemical stability as well as inactivity, and is particularly appropriate for applications in which a lubrication oil with a high degree of cleanliness and durability is required (such as, the vacuum pump activation oil for semiconductor etchings).
- Non-combustible and extremely stable in oxygen.
- Chemically inert and highly resistant to chemicals.
- Exhibits excellent lubricity over a wide temperature range, including both high and low temperatures.
- Low vapor pressure produces a high vacuum with minimum oil vapor loss.
- OPTODYNE UV: an optical clear UV curable adhesive. Based on fluorinated epoxies acrylate resins it is designed to offer refractive index consistency, durable and workability when bounding optical fibers.
GRADES & FEATURES
Solution for battery materials
|Fluorinated Electrolyte||Additives and co-solvents||Lithium-ion battery||
Battery energy density
|Cathode binder resin||NEOFLON VT||Lithium-ion battery||
High energy density
Solution for Lubricants
High degree of purity
Non-combustible extremely stable in oxygen
Chemically inert and highly resistant
Exhibits excellent lubiricity
Solution for Optoelectric