Water and Oil Repellents
UNIDYNE water and oil repellents impart excellent water and oil repellency as well as stain release during laundering, all while maintaining the original qualities of the treated substrate.
Features of UNIDYNE
When developing waterproof or anti-stain fabrics, producers had to compromise on the repellent performances to meet environmental regulations. Optimizing the resistance to water, oil or aggressive substance is a significant challenge also shared by nonwoven producers, carpet manufacturers or paper processors. However, the different end-uses mentioned and their process impose different side expectations:
- Textile producers, looking to maintain a soft touch of their materials durably are also willing to offer breathability properties
- Carpet manufacturers are eager to optimize their production process
- Nonwoven producers are focusing their effort on moisture resistance and alcohol repellency
- Paper processors requiring food contact are willing to ensure recyclability and low VOC emission amongst other
To meet these diverse expectations, Daikin has kept on developing for the past 50 years Unidyne, an unsurpassed range of Fluor repellents that are all PFOS-free and PFOA-free C6-fluoropolymers. UNIDYNE is based on a unique innovation associating fluorine and silicones.
Benfits of UNIDYNE
This fluoro technology offers the best inherent properties of both types of repellents. Daikin Chemicals completed this range with Stain Release agents which are a combination of fluorine and hydrophilic functional groups. This Stain Release agent does not only impart water or oil repellency but also facilitate stains removal from fabrics when washed.
It makes of Unidyne, the industry brand leader for high-performance barrier agents that perform, amongst other:
- Water repellency
- Oil and grease repellency
- Alcohol resistance
- Soil resistance
- Easy to clean property
- Solvent / IPA / Alcohol repellency
- Diesel resistance
- water, alcohol and soil repellency
- Glue resistance
As a result, Unidyne users observe that:
- Textiles remain water and oil repellent on the long run while keeping their original soft hand and breathable finish
- Carpets soil and water resistance is achieved, having excellent compatibility with other additives and without foaming agent during the process
- Nonwoven benefit from extremely resistant barrier to water and chemicals such as alchohol
- Paper for food contact are easily recycled, and the process is facilitated thanks to a good additive compatibility
Unidyne is developed to meet most application process and is available for instance for low-temperature curing. Our experienced technical service throughout the world are available for help in providing solutions for any surface repellency design challenges.
Feartures of Ftone
FTONE is a water & oil repellent for stones.
It protects base material of porous stones from stain without damaging appearance by liquid permeating inside it.
GRADES & FEATURES
|UNIDYNE for Textiles / Stain Release||Providing durable, water and oil repellent, stain protection finishes while maintaining the original soft hand of the fabric|
|UNIDYNE for Nonwoven Substrates||Providing barrier performance for surgical segments and automotive fabrics.|
|UNIDYNE for Carpets||Maximizing soil and stain protection while enhancing processing and performance at the mill|
|UNIDYNE for Papers & Packaging||Providing high performance of repellency for oil, grease, glue and water to a broad array of paper and board applications.|
|FTONE Stone and Concrete Coatings||Adding protection/anti-fouling capabilities without changing appearance to stone and concrete|